Adding Pages to a Document
You can add pages of several types to any original document. This allows you to create professional quality document sets from otherwise disorganized and/or incomplete originals.
Types of added pages can include:
- Covers: may be a heavier paper stock, put on the front and back of a multi-page document. Covers can be blank, printed on side 1 or both sides.
- Exception pages: allows you to program special characteristics for specific pages or a range of pages within a job. For example, page 4 of the document can be programmed to print on pink paper and on side 1 only. You can also specify tabbed stock with the Exception Pages control. When printing on pre-cut tabs, you can only print on side 1. When printing on full cut tabs, you can print on both sides.
- Inserts: An insert is a blank or pre-printed sheet of paper or other stock (such as a tab) that is placed between the pages of the job.
Paper trays must be loaded and programmed with the appropriate stocks
The key to successful page insertion is having the paper trays correctly programmed with machine-compatible stocks. See Configuring Paper Stocks and Tray Settings for details.
Basic workflow to insert pages into a document
(The following example procedure applies to both copy and print jobs)
Here's an example of how to program a copy job that includes inserts, exception pages, and covers. The steps to program a print job are very similar. The output will be a multi- page, 8.5 x 11 inch document, with Exception Pages (one-sided output) on the 2nd and 3rd pages. In addition, there will be a one-page insert after the 3rd and 6th pages. Finishing includes front and back covers with a staple in the top left corner.
- If a copy job, place the original 2-sided (over 10 pages) document in the Document Feeder.
- Verify that the paper supply trays are properly loaded and programmed with the appropriate paper stocks. If they are not, and you need more information, see Configuring Paper Stocks and Tray Settings.
- From the Job Manager, set base job properties, such as 2-sided, paper stock, stapling, etc.
- Select the Special Pages tab.
- Select the Exception Pages icon. Program From 2 to 3. Select stock size. Program these pages for one-sided output. Select Add Exceptions.
- Close Job Exception window.
- Select the Inserts icon.
- Program the first insert for After page 3, Insert 1 Pages. Program the paper type, size, etc. Select Add Inserts.
- Program the second insert for After page 6, Insert 1 Pages. Program the paper type, size, etc. Select Add Insert.
- Close Inserts window.
- Select Front Cover icon.
- Program the cover to be printed on the outside only. Select the cover stock from the tray you loaded with cover stock. Select Add Cover.
- Select Back Cover icon.
- Select None from the pull down menu. Select the cover stock from the tray you loaded. Select Add Cover.
- When satisfied with your settings, click <Copy, Scan or Print>.
System Level (Administrative) Added Pages
The Xerox Nuvera can be configured to include Administrative information in each Job output.
- Banner pages
- Error pages
- Job attribute report
For more information about these types of pages, see Adding System Level Pages.