CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS) uses the embedded HTTP server on the machine to allow communication between the printer and an Internet browser with access to the Internet or Intranet. By entering the IP address of the printer as the URL in the browser's Address field, direct access to the printer and configurable settings are available.
CAUTION: Modifications to the settings available in the CentreWare Internet Services should be performed by the System Administrator. Incorrect settings may cause the printer to become unavailable.
NOTE: When using the printer as a local printer via USB, CWIS can not be used.
Before accessing CentreWare Internet Services, make sure of the following:
- The machine is fully functional on the network.
- The TCP/IP (IP address) and HTTP protocols are configured on the machine and fully functional. See the Related Content for additional information.
To access CentreWare Internet Services:
NOTE: This solution assumes Microsoft Internet Explorer is being used as the Internet browser. Other browsers may vary.
- From a computer, open an Internet browser window.
NOTE: The IP address of the machine can be found on the Configuration Report. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
For example, enter:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxequals the IP address.
IMPORTANT: Initially you will be logged into CWIS as a general user with no rights to modify anything. When you click on a link or perform a specific action in which the Administrator credentials are required, you may be prompted to login as the Administrator at that time.
The Administrator has the ability to setup the printer not to prompt for a password when modifying or configuring features.
If prompted, login as the Administrator. Enter the login name in the User ID field, and the password in the Password field. The default Administrator login name is "admin", and the default password is "1111".
NOTE: If the username or password has been modified or forgotten, contact your System Administrator.
If needed, Logout of CWIS as the Administrator:
- Click on the [Logout] link in the upper, right corner to logout of CWIS.
- Click on the [Logout] button.
- If needed, close the Internet browser window.