The Embedded Web Server is the administration and configuration software that is installed in the printer. It allows you to configure and administer the printer from a Web browser.
Depending on how the printer is configured, some features or settings are not visible or adjustable until you log in as a System Administrator.
Before you begin:
- Ensure that your printer is connected to a network.
- Use the Configuration Report to locate your printer IP address.
To log in to the Embedded Web Server as the administrator:
NOTE: The images in this procedure are for demonstration purposes only and may not specifically match your printer model; colors, icons, and other minor differences may exist.
- From a computer on the same network as the printer, open an Internet browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press Enter or Return. The Embedded Web Server home page will be displayed.
- Click on the Log In button at the top, right of the page.
- The User Accounts window will be displayed. Click on admin.
For Password, type the administrator password. For software versions earlier than PL6 (XX.5X.XX), the default administrator password is 1111. For software versions PL6 (XX.5X.XX) or later, the default administrator password is the device serial number. You can obtain the serial number from the back of the printer, from the configuration report, or from the home page of the Embedded Web Server. The password is case-sensitive.
Note: Upgrading to PL6 (XX.5X.XX) does not change the administrator password. If you reset to the device to factory defaults, the administrator password changes to the device serial number for versions PL6 (XX.5X.XX) or later of the software.
- Click on the Log In button.
To Log Out of the System Administrator Mode:
- Click on Admin at the top, right of the page.
- Click on Log Out.