The Embedded Web Server is the administration and configuration software that is installed in the printer. It allows you to configure and administer the printer from a Web browser.
Depending on how the printer is configured, some features or settings are not visible or adjustable until you log in as a System Administrator.
To Log in as a System Administrator:
NOTE: The images in this procedure are for demonstration purposes only and may not specifically match your printer model; colors, icons, and other minor differences may exist.
- From a computer on the same network as the printer, open an Internet browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press Enter or Return. The Embedded Web Server home page will be displayed.
- Click on the Log In button at the top, right of the page.
- The User Accounts window will be displayed. Click on admin.
- Enter the System Administrator password in the field provided, and then lick on the Log In button.
Note: Depending on when the device was manufactured or the software version installed, the default password may be the device serial number or 1111.
To Log Out of the System Administrator Mode:
- Click on Admin at the top, right of the page.
- Click on Log Out.