Use the IP Address Setup Wizard to configure the static IP address settings for the Printer.
- Access the Quick Setup Home Utility. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Select [IP Address Settings] from the list on the Touch Screen.
- Depending on the requirements, select [Enable for IPv4] or [Enable for IPv6], and then select [Next].
NOTE: IPv6 is the newest standard protocol for the Internet. If unsure which IP setting to use, enable both. If the IPv6 settings are modified, the printer will reboot when the Quick Setup Home window is closed.
- Select [Use a Static IP Address], and then select [Next].
- Select the IPv4 text box, enter the IP address, and then select [Save].
NOTE: The printer and computers must be assigned unique IP addresses. It is important that the addresses are similar, but not the same. For example, the printer can have the address 192.168.1.15 and the computer can have the address 192.168.1.16. Another device can have the address 192.168.1.17.
- Select the Subnet Mask text box. enter the subnet mask, and then select [Save].
- Select the Host Name text box, enter the host name, and then select [Save].
- Select the Gateway text box, enter the gateway, and then select [Save].
- Select [Next] to continue.
- Select [Done] to return to Quick Setup Home.
- Select [Close] to exit Quick Setup Home.
- Print a Configuration Report to verify settings. See the Related Content for additional information.