Required Action: To continue Secure Automated Meter Reads and Toner Replenishment (ASR), the printer software must be upgraded with latest encryption protocol, or installation of a Device Manager. See the Related Content for additional information and a direct link to product model specific directions and software.
• i-Series Models: No actions are required. i-Series models were launched with software including the required encryption protocols.
• Product Model Not Listed: Use the most current version of Device Manager to establish communications to continue Secure Automated Meter Reads and Toner Replenishment.
Note: When the software upgrade is completed, or Device Manager has been installed, and if communication is not established, continue with the steps below, or restart your search with the displayed fault, message, or key words.
- Validate SHA2 Security is present for Remote Services:
Make sure your product software is at the SHA-2 certificate level required as of May 2019.
For additional information refer to Requirements for Remote Services on Printers Using SHA-2 Authentication Directly at Printer -OR- Via a Device Manager App.
- Make sure SMart eSolutions is configured correctly via CWIS.
- Make sure the date/time is set correctly on the printer.
- If the problem persists, contact Support for additional assistance.