Require Action: To continue Secure Automated Meter Reads and Toner Replenishment (ASR), the printer software must be upgraded with latest encryption protocol. See the Related Content for additional information and a direct link to product model specific directions and software.
• i-Series Models: No actions are required. i-Series models were launched with software including the required encryption protocols.
• Product Model Not Listed: Use the most current version of Device Manager to establish communications to continue Secure Automated Meter Reads and Toner Replenishment.
- Validate SHA2 Security is present for Remote Services:
Make sure your product software is at the SHA-2 certificate level required as of May 2019.
For additional information refer to Requirements for Remote Services on Printers Using SHA-2 Authentication Directly at Printer -OR- Via a Device Manager App.
- Make sure SMart eSolutions is configured correctly via CWIS.
- Make sure the date/time is set correctly on the printer.
- If the problem persists, contact Support for additional assistance.