Remote Services is a suite of features that simplify printer ownership and administration. It provides free services to enable administration of metered billing and supplies replenishment plans for printers on a network.
Before you begin, if your network uses an HTTP proxy server, provide information about your proxy server. See the Related Content section for additional information.
Configure Remote Services:
- Access the Embedded Web Server and login as System Administrator. See the Related Content section for additional information.
- In the Embedded Web Server, click Properties > General Setup.
- Click Remote Services Setup.
- For Remote Services, select Enabled.
- To allow the device to request software files from Xerox, for Remote Software Download, select Enabled.
- To allow the device to synchronize with the Xerox licensing server, for Feature Activation, select Enabled.
- To allow a Xerox remote server to modify internal device settings, for Update Device Settings, select Enabled.
- To synchronize the device with the Xerox Remote Services datacenter on a defined schedule, daily, for Device Synchronization Time, type the time.
- To verify communication with the Xerox Remote Services datacenter, click Synchronize Now. A status message shows the result.
- If your network uses an HTTP proxy server, to set or update your proxy server, for HTTP Proxy Server, click Edit.
- Click Apply.
- Logout of System Administrator mode. See the Related Content section for additional information.