Product support - Windows XP
Windows XP Notification: Windows XP End of Support -- What you need to know (PDF)
The free Xerox Global Print Driver manages Xerox and non-Xerox printers on your network with a single, easy-to-use interface. It dramatically simplifies enterprise printer management for IT managers, making it easy to add and update printers without changing drivers.
Firmware Warning: It is highly recommended to consult with your Network or System Administrator before performing any software (firmware) update. Some updates may cause the machine to become non-compliant and cease to work as intended with the environment in which it is installed.
This firmware release fixes the following issues:
1. "#copies” Level 1 PostScript command did not work correctly
2. Network stack could take a long time to initialize in certain VLAN environments
3. When Tray 1 was set to certain custom sizes, the printer could get a 116-324 controller error when powering up.
4. If a PS job was sent after a HBPL job, the printer could get a 116-324 controller error
5. Problem where the Printer Name could not be set correctly
This firmware will update the printer to the following firmware versions:
Main Version (ESS) 201109021257
PCL5 Version 200806131056
PCL6 Version 200806131056
PS main Version 201109011850
HBPL Version 200801181407
PS CRD Version 201109011850
NET Version 13.42
Phaser 6280 Engine Firmware Update fixes the following issues:
1) "Replace Transfer Belt" message displayed on the control panel earlier than its typical 100,000 page life
2) Light or faint prints when printing low volume with almost exclusively with low toner coverage