TWAIN and Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) scanner drivers are provided for your device for scanning images. You can import images from the scanner into a folder on your computer using a USB cable connection, through your scanning software application.
The TWAIN and WIA scanner drivers for Windows are supplied on the CD delivered with your device, additional software, and Macintosh and Linux drivers can be downloaded from www.xerox.com.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to your computer and powered on.
- Install the TWAIN/WIA scanner drivers. For details, refer to Installing Printer Software..
- At the printer, load originals face up into the automatic document feeder, or place a single original face down on the document glass.
- At your computer, open the application where you want to scan the image.
- In the application, ensure that your printer is set as the active scanning device. To acquire the image, select the appropriate menu item for initiating a new scan.
- From the scanning source menu, select an option:
- For the document glass, select Flatbed.
- For the automatic document feeder, select Document Feeder.
- Select other scan driver settings as needed.
- To preview the document, or to select a portion of the document to scan, select Preview.
The printer scans a preview of the image.
Note: The preview feature is available only for documents loaded on the document glass.
- To resize the frame, select the corner points, then move them.
- For most scanning applications, to begin scanning, click Scan.
The printer scans your original documents and saves the images to the output destination specified in the software application.
Note: Different software applications have different default settings for the output. For details, refer to the documentation provided with your application.