The DNS Server address can be modified either at the Control Panel of the WorkCentre, or using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS). The steps are included for both options in this solution.
NOTE: This solution requires knowledge of the network on which the printer is installed and may require the assistance of a System Administrator.
To modify DNS settings from the WorkCentre:
- Log in as the System Administrator or Key Operator. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Press the Machine Status button. The Machine Status screen will be displayed.
- Select the Tools tab on the Touch Screen.
- Select the Network Settings button.
- Select the TCP/IP Settings button.
- Select DNS Configuration.
- Select DNS Servers.
- Select the box below the Primary DNS Server heading. A numeric keypad will be displayed on the Touch Screen.
NOTE: If DHCP is enabled the DNS Server Settings cannot be modified. If necessary the IP addressing method should be changed to Static. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Enter the DNS Server IP address.
- Select the Save button.
- Select the Close button three times.
- Press the Log In / Out button on the Control Panel. The Logout screen will be displayed.
- Select the Logout button on the Touch Screen to exit.
To modify DNS settings using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
- From the computer, open an Internet browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press Enter on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
- Click on the Properties tab.
- Enter the username and password in the fields provided, and then click on the Login button.
NOTE: The default user name is admin (case sensitive) an the default password is 1111.
- Click on Connectivity to expand the list of options.
- Click on the Protocols link.
- Click on IP (Internet Protocol). The IP window will be displayed.
- Click on the DNS tab. The DNS window will be displayed.
- Enter the Preferred DNS Server IP address in the field provided, and then click on the Apply button.
NOTE: If the printer is set to use DHCP, the DNS Server fields will be automatically populated and cannot be modified. If the values displayed are incorrect you will need to switch the printer to Static IP Address Resolution to configure it. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Click on the OK button.
- Click on the Logout link and logout of CWIS.
- Close the browser window.