A server connection error can occur when the printer is unable to scan to the SMB server using a TCP/IP connection. There are two possible reasons for this:
- The IP address entered in the repository settings is not correct.
- The port number entered in the repository settings is not correct. The default ports for SMB scanning are 139 and 445. For security reasons, different ports may be configured for use on your network.
NOTE: If you are unsure of the SMB server's IP address or port used by the server, contact your Network or System Administrator for assistance.
To check the IP address and port number entered in the repository settings:
- Login to CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS) as the Administrator. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Click on the [Properties] tab.
- Click on [Services] to expand the list of options.
- Click on [Network Scanning].
- Click on [File Repository Setup]. A list of file repositories will be displayed.
- Select the file repository being used when scanning, and then click on the [Edit] button.
- Make sure the correct IP address and port number used for the SMB server is displayed in the Host Name/IP Address & Port field. If necessary, correct the information, and then click on the [Apply] button.
- Click on the [Logout] link in the upper, right corner to logout of CWIS.