Follow the steps below to determine which Drum Cartridge(s) need to be replaced.
- Click on the [Drum Test PDF] link in the Related Content section to open the file. The file contains four pages of different color shadings.
- Save the file to your computer's desktop.
- Open the saved file on the desktop, and then select [Print] from the File menu.
- Select the printer that is experiencing the problems, and then click on [OK] to print the file.
- Retrieve the prints from the printer.
- Evaluate each print for defects, such as spots, streaks, deletions or lines. If the defect is present on only one of the prints, replace the appropriate Drum Cartridge.
- If the defect is present on only the Gray print, replace the Black (R1) Drum Cartridge.
- If the defect is present on only the Blue print, replace the Cyan (R2) Drum Cartridge.
- If the defect is present on only the Pink print, replace the Magenta (R3) Drum Cartridge.
- If the defect is present on only the Green print, replace the Yellow (R4) Drum Cartridge.
- There is an exception for Green. If the defect is present on both the Green print and the Blue print, replace the Cyan Drum Cartridge.
- If the defect is present in the same area on all four prints, it is not a Drum Cartridge defect.
Note: If necessary, see the Related Content for information on how to replace a Drum Cartridge.