Determine the IP Address of the Windows Computer:
NOTE: Perform this action on the Computer or Server on which the SMB Share or FTP Server is located.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type CMD into the search field.
- Select Command Prompt.
- Type the command IPCONFIG and press Enter.
- The IPv4 Address will be displayed under the active network adapter (Ethernet or Wireless LAN). This Address will consist of 4 groups of numbers separated by periods (example: 192.168.1.150).
Check the File Repository on CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
- Access Centreware Internet Services (CWIS). See the Related Content for additional information.
- Select the Properties tab.
- Select Services.
- Select Network Scanning.
- Select File Repository Setup. The File Repository Setup window will be displayed.
- Select the Required File Destination.
- Select Edit.
- Make Sure the IP Address for the SMB Server entered into the Host Name / IP Address & Port field matches that of the Target Computer or Server. Enter the Correct IP Address if required.
- Select Apply to save changes.
NOTE: Contact a System or Network Administrator for a DHCP Address Reservation on the Networks DHCP server to prevent repeat incidents of the IP Address changing due to DHCP Lease Expiration and Renewal.