The Store to USB feature can be used to scan and store documents to a USB Flash Drive using the USB port on the Control Panel.
- Store to USB is an optional feature and may not be installed on the printer. To view the current services and options installed on the printer, see the RelatedContent. If it is found that the Store to USB feature has not been installed, a Scan Kit and USB Enablement Kit can be purchased from your local Sales Representative. Refer to the instructions included with the kits for information on how to install the feature.
- This feature cannot be used when the Media Card Reader option is connected.
- For information on printing files stored on a USB Flash Drive, see the Related Content.
To scan a document to a USB Flash Drive:
- Load the original document in the Duplex Automatic Document Feeder (DADF), or face-down on the Document Glass. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Insert a USB Flash Drive in the USB port on the Control Panel.
- Press the [Services Home] button on the Control Panel.
- Select [Store to USB] on the Touch Screen.
- Select [Save in].
- Select the required folder.
NOTE: To move down one directory level, select [Next]. To move up one directory level, select [Previous].
- Select the [Save] button to select the storage location.
- If necessary, modify any of the scan settings from the following menus at the bottom of the screen.
- Color Scanning
- 2-Sided Scanning
- Original Type
- Scan Presets
- If necessary, modify any of the settings on the following tabs at the top of the screen.
- Advanced Settings
- Layout Adjustment
- Filing Options
- Press the [Start] button on the Control Panel to scan the original and store the file.
CAUTION: Do not remove the USB Flash Drive while a file is being stored. Damage to stored files may occur.
- Select the [Services Home] button, and then remove the USB Flash Drive.
NOTE: Make sure to always remove the drive before powering off the printer.