Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) is a request-response standard protocol between clients and servers. Clients that make HTTP requests are called User Agents (UAs). Servers that respond to these requests for resources, such as HTML pages, are called Origin Servers. There can be any number of intermediaries, such as tunnels, proxies, or gateways between User Agents and origin Servers.
To Enable HTTP From the Control Panel:
- Login as System Administrator from the Control Panel.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select HTTP Setting.
- Select Enabled then select OK.
To Configure HTTP Settings Using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
IMPORTANT: In order to access CWIS, HTTP must be enabled. If this is the first time you are accessing CWIS, use the steps above to enable HTTP from the Control Panel.
- Access CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS)and login as System Administrator.
- Select the Properties tab.
- Select Connectivity on the left side of the screen.
- Select Setup.
- Select Edit next to HTTP under the Protocol Section.
- Select Enabled under Connection section.
- Type a connection port number if necessaryneeded.
- To encrypt HTTP communication using SSL, under Force Traffic over SSL, select Yes.
NOTE: When SSL is enabled, all Web pages contain https:// in the URL.
- From the Choose Device Certificate menu, select the Device Certificate to use for SSL.
- To view the selected certificate details, or save the certificate to your computer, click View / Save.
- If using the Default Xerox Device Certificate, you can install the Generic Xerox Trusted CA Certificate in your Web browser. Installing the Generic Xerox Trusted CA Certificate makes sure that your browser trusts the printer.
To download the certificate, click Download the Generic Xerox Trusted CA Certificate.
- Change the Secure HTTP Port Number, as needed.
- Under Keep Alive Timeout, enter a time up to 60 seconds. The printer waits this amount of time before terminating a connection.
NOTE: Increasing the Keep Alive Timeout can cause slow connections.
- Select Save.