NOTE: It may be necessary to ensure that the correct primary network type has been selected. If the printer is connected using the optional wireless network adapter and is connected to a wireless network, then confirm that the primary network type is set to Wi-Fi. If the printer is connected with an Ethernet connection, then set the primary network type to Ethernet. If both are connected properly, then either selection can be used. See the Related Content for additional information.
Setting up Scanning to an FTP server:
Before you set up scanning to an FTP Server, ensure that the server has the proper software installed and configured with shared folders for each user.
- In the Embedded Web Server, log in as administrator, then click Address Book. For additional information see the Related Content.
- To associate the FTP server with a contact, click a contact name.
- For FTP, click the plus icon (+), then enter the following information:
- Nickname: Enter the name that you want to appear in the Address Book.
- Type: Select the network connection type.
- IP Address/Host Name: Port: Enter the IP address or host name of your FTP server, then enter the default port number. In the next field, enter the default port number for FTP, 21, or select a number from the range provided.
- DocumentPath: Enter the path of the folder on the SMB server. For example, to save the scanned files to a folder named colorscans inside the scans folder, type colorscans.
- Login Name: Enter your computer user name.
- Password: Enter your computer login password.
- Retype Password: Enter your login password again.