The Embedded Web Server is the administration and configuration software installed in the printer. It allows you to configure and administer the printer from a Web browser.
NOTE: When using the printer as a local printer via USB, the printer's web interface can not be used.
The Embedded Web Server requires:
- A TCP/IP connection between the printer and the network in Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, or Linux environments.
- TCP/IP and HTTP enabled in the printer.
To log in to the Embedded Web Server:
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator. To log in as a System Administrator:
- From a computer on the same network as the printer, open a Web browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press Enter or Return.
- Click on the Log In button at the top, right of the page. The User Accounts window will be displayed.
- Click on Admin.
- Enter the System Administrator password in the field provided.
Note: Depending on when the device was manufactured or the software version installed, the default password may be the device serial number or 1111.
- Click on the Log In button.
To log out of the System Administrator Mode:
- Click on Admin at the top, right of the page.
- Click on Log Out.