To configure the SMTP server authentication settings:
- Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (Web Interface). See the RelatedContent for additional information.
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator. See the RelatedContent for additional information.
- Click Connectivity.
- Click SMTP.
NOTE: A check mark on the toggle button indicates that the feature is enabled.
- As needed for your environment, select a Connection Security protocol.
- As needed for your environment, select an Outgoing SMTP Authentication type.
NOTE: Ensure that the authentication type is compatible with your SMTP server.
- If authentication is required, click SMTP Authentication, then select SMTP AUTH. If authentication is not required, select Off.
- If authentication is required, for SMTP AUTH User Name, enter a valid SMTP Login Name for the SMTP Server.
- If authentication is required, for SMTP AUTH Password, enter a valid password for the SMTP server.
- For Retype Password, reenter the password.
- To save changes, click OK.
NOTE: Contact your Internet service provider or system administrator to obtain your SMTP server name or IP Address. Some Internet service providers require authentication. Ensure that you confirm the authentication type, login, and password.