NOTE: A video is available at the end of this solution.
Other than replacing a drum cartridge after 348,000 prints, you may need to replace a drum cartridge if it is damaged by light or you are experiencing spots and streaks on your output.
Note: All four Drum cartridges are interchangeable.
Note: After replacing the drum cartridge, the system automatically resets the usuage counter (HFSI) of this CRU component to zero (0). Check the Consumables screen for the reset and new status.
CAUTION: Do not leave the Drum Cartridge Drawer open for more than one minute. Exposing the drum cartridges to direct sunlight or strong light from indoor fluorescent lighting for more than one minute may cause image quality defects.
CAUTION: Replace drum cartridges while the press is powered ON.
- Ensure that the press is stopped and not currently printing jobs. Proceed to the next step.
- Open the press Front door.
- Rotate and turn the R1-R4 Drum Drawer Handle to the unlock position.
- Open the bag containing the new drum cartridge. Place the new drum cartridge near the press.
CAUTION: Do not touch or scratch the surface of the drum when you take it out from the bag.
- Unwrap the sheet covering the new drum cartridge and place it under the cartridge. Some drum cartridges may include a protective film. Remove the film on the drum cartridge, if the film is present.
- Grab the Release Handle and pull the Drum Drawer straight out.
- Remove the old drum cartridge by holding the finger rings provided at the both ends of the drum cartridge and gently lifting up.
CAUTION: Drums are light sensitive. Do not leave the Drum Cartridge Drawer open for more than one minute when replacing cartridges. Exposing the drum cartridges to direct sunlight or strong light from indoor fluorescent lighting for more than one minute may cause image quality defects.
- Install the new drum cartridge into the press following the guides with the side marked front facing the front.
- Press both ends of the drum cartridge to place it in a horizontal position.
- Immediately close the drum cartridge drawer to protect the other drums from light.
- Return the Release Handle to its original position.
- Return the R1-R4 handle to the original position and close the front door/cover.
- Insert the used drum cartridge into an empty container for recycling.