Installing the Software
NOTE: Before installation, disable the Sleep and Hibernation modes to allow the application to collect and transmit meter information.
- Log in as an administrator.
- Double-click on the installation file. The Select Language screen displays.
NOTE: If you do not have Microsoft.NET framework 4.5.2 Extended (Full Version), the installer displays an error message prompting you to install .NET framework 4.5.2 Extended (Full Version) before you continue with installation. You can download the .NET framework Extended (Full Version) from the Microsoft Web site.
- Verify that the correct language is highlighted.
- Click Install. The License Agreement displays.
- Click View ReadMe. The ReadMe file displays.
- Select the I am authorized to accept, and accept, the terms of the license agreement radio button.
NOTE: If you are performing a manual update of the application and you have the current version of the application open, you are prompted to accept the EULA. You only see this prompt if the EULA has changed since the last software release.
- Click Next.
- If you are upgrading from a previous version or had a previous version of the application installed and you did not remove the database when uninstalling, the Database Options screen displays.
Select one of the following:
- Use Existing Database if you want to upgrade using the information from your current database, and if the last installation was for the same account and was properly configured for the new installation.
- Create New Database if you want to create a new database. With this option, the application backs up your current database, but you still need to configure the application and search for printers again in order to populate your new database. Use this setting if the account used for the previous installation is unknown, different than the new account or configuration, or if you want to start with a clean installation with default settings.
- Click Install. The Installation Options screen displays.
NOTE: If you are installing the application on an operating system in a language other than English where the "Program Files" directory name is localized, the default installation path is displayed in English. The application, however, installs at the correct localized directory for your selected language.
- Do one of the following:
- To accept the default location for the Destination folder, and then click on [Next]. (recommended). Continue with the next step.
- To change the default location, click on [Change]. The Browse for Folder dialog box displays.
- Navigate to and select the required folder or create a new one.
- Click OK. The dialog box closes.
Note: You cannot install your application in the root directory.
You are back at the Installation Options screen.
- Click Next. The Installing Xerox Device Agent screen displays, indicating the progress of the installation, after which the Install Completed screen displays.
- To launch the application immediately, leave the check box saying “Launch Xerox Device Agent now” selected, and click Finish (Recommended). The Configuration Wizard displays.
NOTE: If other applications are running on your computer, you may experience a delay from the time installation concludes and the Configuration Wizard begins.
To launch the application later, click to remove the check mark in the check box, and then click Finish.
Note: You must complete the Configuration Wizard after installation. For details, refer to Access the Configuration Wizard..
Note: You can click Cancel on any screen during the installation. A dialog box displays asking you to confirm the cancellation. If you click Yes, the Install Failed! screen displays, indicating that the application remains uninstalled. Click Finish. To install the application, you need to run the installer again.
Uninstalling the Application
Note: This is an optional feature that allows you to uninstall the database when you uninstall the application.
If you decide to uninstall the application, the Uninstall Options screen displays.
- Select one of the following:
- Do not remove the database if you want to preserve your current database.
- Remove the database if you do not need to preserve your current settings for a future installation. This removes the active database and any future installation creates a new database at the time of installation. If there are any databases backed up during the installation as part of the Database Options, they are not removed.
- Click Continue.