Load Tab stock and guide:
- Load the Tab stock and the Feeder Module Tab Guide. See the Related Content for additional information.
NOTE: Tabs should not be loaded in the Insertion Module of printers with a Multi-Function Finisher (MFF).
- Proceed to the appropriate section below, depending on the software version.
Program the Paper Tray at the FreeFlow Print Server or DocuSP Display Screen:
- From the FreeFlow Print Server or DocuSP Display Screen, select [Paper Trays] from the Printer menu.
- Double-click or right-click on a row that has a fully adjustable tray listed. This should be the same tray in which the ordered stock has been loaded. A Tray Properties window will be displayed.
- Select either [Pre-Cut Tab] or [Ordered Stock] from the Type pull-down menu. The choice available will vary depending on the version of software installed.
- Enter a descriptive name for the stock in the Type field. For example, enter
NOTE: The descriptive name will be displayed in the Type column of the Trays tab and in the Tray Type column of the Paper trays tab.
- Enter a number in the Sequence field. The number should coincide with the number of tabbed positions. For example, type "5" for 5-position tabbed stock.
- Enter all of the choices pertaining to the stock loaded in the paper tray. For example if the tab stock is yellow, this may need to be programmed.
- Click [OK] or [Apply].
Program the copy or print job:
Jobs with Tabs can be either of the following:
- A Tab-only job.
- A Job with Tabs mixed within the job.
The following are some programming tips to keep in mind when programming the job:
|Using preprinted/blank tabs.||Under Special pages, add Inserts after the pages you want the tab to be inserted at. See the Related Content for additional information.|
|If the job requires printing on the Tab stock||Under Special pages, add Single-sided Exception Pages for the pages you want printed on Tab stock. This requires the image to be shifted 12 mm (.5 inch) in order for the image to be printed onto the tab. See the Related Content for additional information.|
|Tabs to be printed on the left edge of a portrait job or Tabs to be printed on the top edge of a landscape job||Under Image Edit, Image Rotation, select rotate  for the entire job.|
|If using the Build Job feature||Make sure to select the [Contains Tab Stock or Envelopes] from the Build Job Type pull-down.|
NOTE: This selection is not available in all software releases.
Submit the job:
- Click [Copy], [Print], or [Start] to submit the job.
NOTE: If the paper tray with precut Tabs is opened for any reason, the system will require a reorder of the Tab stock back to the start position. Follow the instructions for loading Tab stock. See the Related Content for additional information.
The following are some system behavior tips to keep in mind:
|Multi-Function Finisher (MFF)|
For Output- The system will automatically run jobs that include tabs as N to 1, Face Up.
Use reverse collated tabs.
For Output- The system will automatically run jobs that include tabs as 1 to N, Face Down.
Use forward collated tabs.
- When done printing on Tab stock, remove the Tab stock and Tab Guide. See the Related Content for additional information.