Near-line Finisher Overview
The CX Print Server supports two near-line finishers, Duplo DC-645 and DSF-2000. Using the server, perform the following:
- Generate and print barcodes and registration marks for the Duplo DC-645 finisher. The barcode and registration marks are generated according to the job details that were programmed on the finisher.
- Generate and print barcodes and corner marks for the DSF-2000 finisher. The barcode and corner marks are printed on every page and are automatically created based on the following settings in your job:
- Number of sets
- Sheet ID
- Number of sheets in one set
Generating a corner mark and barcode
Generate a barcode, registration mark, or corner mark, and print the finishing marks for a near-line finisher.
NOTE: Make sure that you program the job details on the near-line finisher that you are going to use.
- Open the Job Parameters window for the required job.
- Click on the [Finishing] tab, and then select [Near-line finisher].
- Select the finisher that you want to use from the In the Device list; for example, Duplo DSF-2000.
NOTE: Depending on the finisher selected, some of the options may vary.
- To print a corner mark, click on the [Generate corner mark] check box.
- To print a barcode, click on the [Generate barcode] check box.
- In the Position list, select the area on the page on which to place the corner mark and barcode.
- In the Side list, select which side to place the corner mark and barcode.
- To adjust the offset of the corner mark, in the Corner mark offset fields, enter the horizontal distance and vertical distance.
- To adjust the offset of the barcode, in the Barcode offset fields, enter the horizontal distance and vertical distance.
- Click on [Save], and then submit the job for printing.
- After the job finishes printing, place the pages in the near-line finisher.