NOTE: When SNMP is disabled, the following features are disabled as well:
- PrintingScout alerts
- Walk-Up Printing Installer
- Smart Trays
- Automatic supplies ordering
- Consumable levels
- Warning and error status
- Synchronization with installed options, such as hard drive, memory, and extra trays
To disable the SNMP option in CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS):
- From a computer, open an Internet browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
- Click on the [Properties] link.
- Click on the [+] next to the Protocols folder on the left side of the window to expand the contents of the folder.
- Click on the [SNMP] link. The SNMP Configuration window will be displayed.
- Click on the [Disable SNMP Now] button. A confirmation window will be displayed stating, "Disable SNMP and Reset the Printer Now".
- Click on the [OK] button. A Request Acknowledged window will be displayed.
- Close the browser window.
To disable the SNMP option in the print driver:
- Open the Printers or Printers and Faxes window. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Right-click on the printer, and then select [Properties]. The Properties window will be displayed.
- Click on the [Ports] tab.
- Click on the [Configure Port] button. The Port Settings window will be displayed.
NOTE: If the Configure Port button is grayed out, the print driver is installed on a server and shared on the network. This procedure must be performed at the server. If necessary, contact your System Administrator for assistance.
- Remove the check mark from the SNMP Status Enabled check box at the bottom of the window to disable the SNMP option.
- Click on the [OK] button to save the setting.
- Click on the [Close] button to close the Properties window.
- Close the Printers or Printers and Faxes window.