The Workflow Scanning App allows you to scan an original document, distribute, and archive the scanned image file. The Workflow Scanning feature simplifies the task of scanning many multi-page documents and saving the scanned image files in one or more file locations.
Note: The system administrator must set up this feature before you can use it.
The Workflow Scanning App enables you to scan documents using pre-defined settings to a range of file destinations quickly and easily. There are several workflow options:
- Distribution workflows enable you to scan documents to one or more file destinations. File destinations include an FTP site, a website, and a network server. You can add fax destinations to workflows too.
- Scan to Mailbox enables you to scan documents to public or private mailbox folders on the printer hard drive.
- Scan to Home enables you to scan documents to a personal Home folder on your network.
- Scan to USB enables you to scan documents to a connected USB Flash drive.
- To scan original documents to a file destination associated with a contact in the address book, see the Related Content section for additional information.
- To scan original documents to an email address, see the Related Content section for additional information.
To scan an original document:
- Load your original documents.
- For single pages or paper that cannot be fed in the duplex automatic document feeder, use the document glass. Lift the duplex automatic document feeder, then place the original documents face down in the upper-left corner of the document glass.
- For multiple, single, or 2-sided pages, use the duplex automatic document feeder. Remove all staples or paper clips from the pages. Insert the original documents face up in the duplex automatic document feeder, with the top of the page entering the feeder first. Adjust the paper guides so that they fit against the document originals.
- At the printer control panel, press the Home button.
- Touch Workflow Scanning.
- To clear previous App settings, touch Reset.
- To select a workflow, from the Pick a Workflow screen, touch an option. If necessary, touch Update to refresh the workflow list.
Note: If the Pick a Workflow screen is not automatically displayed, to display it, touch Change Workflow.
- To add a file destination, touch Add File Destinations, then select a file destination from the list.
Note:You can add file destinations to a workflow from the predefined list of file repository settings.
- In the Embedded Web Server, to create a new workflow, you can add file destinations from the predefined list.
- In the Workflow Scanning App, for a selected workflow, you can add more file destinations from the predefined list.
- To save the scanned document as a specific file name, touch the attachment file name, enter a new name, then touch OK.
- To save the scanned document as a specific file format, touch the attachment file format, then select the required format.
- To define what action the device takes when the filename is used already, touch If File Already Exists. Select an option, then touch OK.
Note: If the Add to pdf folder option is not available, access the Embedded Web Server, then enable the Filing Option settings.
- If you are using the document glass, to combine pages into a single scan file, enable Build Job.
- If you are scanning from 2-sided original documents, touch 2-Sided Scanning, then select an option.
- To change settings, touch Program Next Segment.
- To scan another page, touch Scan Next Segment.
- To finish, touch Submit.