Workflow Scanning allows you to scan an original document, distribute, and archive the scanned image file. The Workflow Scanning feature simplifies the task of scanning many multi-page documents and saving the scanned image files in one or more file locations.
You can create workflows or edit the default workflow to specify how and where scanned images are stored or sent. Workflows can reside on the printer or in a pool of workflows that are stored on a remote server. When you configure the default workflow, all subsequent workflows inherit the settings from the default workflow.
To configure Workflow Scanning general settings:
- Access the Embedded Web Server and login as System Administrator. See the Related Content section for additional information.
- In the Embedded Web Server, click Properties > Apps.
- Click Workflow Scanning > General Settings.
- For Confirmation Sheet, select when you want a confirmation sheet to print.
- Errors Only: This option instructs the printer to print a confirmation sheet only when a workflow scanning job generates an error.
- On: This option instructs the printer to print a confirmation sheet.
- Off: This option instructs the printer not to print a confirmation sheet. You can find status about a job in the job log.
Note: To see the job log, at the control panel touch screen, touch Jobs > Completed Job Queue.