NOTE: There is a Video available at the end of this solution.
Print the Repeating Defects Page:
- Press the Home button at the Device Touch Screen.
- Select the Device icon.
- Select Tools.
- Select Troubleshooting.
- Select Support Pages.
- Select Repeating Defects Page.
- Select Print.
Use the Repeating Defects Page:
- Place the Repeating Defects Page on a flat surface.
- Line up the page(s) with the image quality defect with the marks on the repeating defects page to identify the component causing the image quality defect.
- Replace the component identified on the repeating defects page.
NOTE: A service call may be required for certain components.
Repeating Defects Chart:
|Repeating Defect||Component||Customer Replaceable|
|Every 95mm (3.74 in)||Drum Cartridge||Yes|
|Every 38mm (1.5 in)||Drum Cartridge||Yes|
|Every 55mm (2.17 in)||Second Bias Transfer Roll||Yes|
|Every 89mm (3.50 in)||Fuser Pressure Roll||No|
|Every 33mm (1.29 in)||Developer Roller||No|
|Every 95mm (3.74 in)||Fuser Heat Belt||No|
|Defect Every 4th page of 8 Page Letter or A4 size paper||Transfer Belt||No|
|Defect Every other page of 4 page Tabloid or A3 size paper||Transfer Belt||No|