- Pull the paper tray, specified on the Display Screen, completely out of the printer.
- Remove any jammed paper from inside the tray slots. Make sure there are no pieces of paper jammed in the tray slots.
- Make sure to use paper within specifications and that the paper is loaded correctly in the tray. See the Related Content for additional information.
NOTE: When the paper edge guides are correctly adjusted, there may be a small space between the paper and the guides.
- Adjust the length and width tray guides:
- Length guides: Press the sides of the guide, and then slide the guide until the arrow on the guide point to the appropriate paper size labeled on the bottom of the tray. When properly positioned, the guide will click into place.
- Width guides: Slide the width guides until the arrows on the guides point to the appropriate paper size labeled on the bottom of the tray. When properly positioned, the guides click into place.
- Remove the top sheet of paper from the tray.
- Re-install the paper tray in the printer, and make sure it is completely closed.
- Make sure the pick truck and retard roller set is installed and seated properly. Clean or replace both of these roller mechanisms, if necessary. See the Related Content.