CAUTION: It is important that the setting on the Control Panel matches the paper type loaded in the paper tray(s). Failing to use the correct paper type setting can result in jamming, print quality degradation, and Fuser damage.
NOTE: See the Related Content for additional information about paper specifications.
To load Paper Trays 4 and 5 in the High Capacity Feeder:
- Open the paper tray.
- Fan the paper to release sheets that are stuck together.
- Adjust the pape edge guides so that they just touch the edges of the paper stack. Paper Tray 4 has only one paper edge guide.
- Insert a stack of paper into the tray. Do not load paper above the MAX fill line or paper jams may occur.
NOTE: Refer to the table below for supported paper sizes and paper loading orientation.
- Close the paper tray. The Display Screen will display a prompt to confirm or change the selected paper type and size.
- If the selected type is correct, press the [OK] button. If not, change the type:
- Press the [Down] arrow button until 'Change Setup' is selected, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until the correct paper type is selected, and then press the [OK] button.
|Letter||216 x 279 mm||8.5 x 11 in.||LEF|
|A4||210 x 297 mm||8.3 x 11.7 in.||LEF|
|B5||176 x 250 mm||6.9 x 9.8 in.||LEF|
* LEF = Long-Edge Feed / SEF = Short-Edge Feed
Guidelines for Loading Paper
- Place the side to be printed face-up.
- Pre-punched holes should be on your right as you face the printer, if printed single sided. For two-sided prints, load pre-punched holes on the left side of the tray.
- Letterhead should be at the front of the tray.