Tray 1 (Multi-Purpose Tray / MPT) can be used for specialty media types or plain paper. The tray can also be used for automatic two-sided (duplex) printing. See the Related Content for additional information about paper and paper tray specifications.
To load Tray 1 (MPT):
- Open the tray.
- Load the paper or specialty media with the long edge entering the printer first. Do not load paper above the MAX fill line indicated on the paper tray. Overfilling may cause paper jams.
NOTE: Refer to the table below for supported paper sizes and paper loading orientation.
- Adjust the paper edge guides to fit the size of the paper.
- The Display Screen will display a prompt to confirm or change the selected paper type and size. If the selected type and size are correct, press the [OK] button. If not, change the type and / or size:
- Press the [Down] arrow button until 'Change Setup' is selected, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until the correct paper type is selected, and then press the [OK] button.
- Press the [Up] or [Down] arrow button until the correct paper size is selected, and then press the [OK] button.
NOTE: If a different paper size is loaded in Tray 1 (MPT) than what is selected in the print driver, the image is scaled to fit on the paper in the tray. Tray 1 (MPT) does not automatically detect paper size.
|Statement||140 x 216 mm||5.5 x 8.5 in.||SEF|
|Letter||216 x 279 mm||8.5 x 11 in.||LEF|
|Folio||216 x 330 mm||8.5 x 13 in.||SEF|
|Legal||216 x 356 mm||8.5 x 14 in.||SEF|
|Tabloid / Ledger||279 x 432 mm||11 x 17 in.||SEF|
|A3||297 x 420 mm||11.7 x 16.5 in.||SEF|
|A4||210 x 297 mm||8.3 x 11.7 in.||LEF|
|A5||148 x 210 mm||5.8 x 8.3 in.||SEF|
|A6||105 x 148 mm||4.13 x 5.83 in.||SEF|
|B5||176 x 250 mm||6.9 x 9.8 in.||LEF|
|B4||250 x 353 mm||9.84 x 13.9 in.||SEF|
|B4 JIS||364 x 257 mm||14.33 x 10.12 in.||SEF|
|SRA3||320 x 450 mm||12.6 x 17.7 in.||SEF|
* LEF = Long-Edge Feed / SEF = Short-Edge Feed
Guidelines for Loading Paper Long-Edge Feed (LEF)
- Load Letter, A4, B5 JIS, ISO B5, Statement, Executive, and paper shorter than 305 mm (12 in.) or wider than 140 mm (5.5 in.) long-edge feed.
- For one-sided printing, place the side to be printed face-down, with the top of the page toward the front of the printer. Pre-punched (drilled) holes should enter the printer last.
- For automatic two-sided printing, place side one face-up with the top of the page toward the front of the printer. Pre-punched holes should enter the printer first.
Guidelines for Loading Paper Short-Edge Feed (SEF)
- Use short-edge feed for labels, Legal, Tabloid, Poster, A3, A5, A6, US Folio, B4 JIS, SRA3, and paper that is narrower than 140 mm (5.5 in.) or longer than 305 mm (12 in.).
- For one-sided printing, place the side to be printed face-down, with the top of the page entering the printer last. Place pre-punched (drilled) paper with the holes toward the back of the printer.
- For automatic two-sided printing, place side one face-up with the top of the page entering the printer last. Place pre-punched paper with the holes toward the front of the printer.
- Paper must be loaded short-edge feed when printing booklets.