CAUTION: Do not use warm water or cleaning solvents to remove Toner (Dry Ink) from your skin or clothing. This will set the Toner and make it difficult to remove. If any Toner gets on your skin or clothing, use a brush to remove the Toner, or wash it off with cold water and mild soap.
For additional product and material safety information, click on [Xerox Environment, Health and Safety] in the Related Content section.
CAUTION: If the optional Productivity Kit (HD) is not installed, make sure the Ready LED is off before powering off the printer. The data in the memory is cleared when the printer is powered off.
- Power off the printer. See the Related Content section for additional information.
- Open the Right Side Door.
- On the right side of the printer, unlock the Waste Cartridge, rotate the lever 90-degrees to the left.
- Grasp the handle of the Waste Cartridge, then pull the cartridge out of the printer. To prevent Toner spills, keep the openings in the cartridge, face-up. Place the Waste Cartridge on a level surface.
NOTE: Be careful not to spill Toner when handling the Waste Cartridge. After removing the cartridge, do not touch the Toner port.
NOTE: There are 4 Imaging Units; one unit for each Toner (Dry Ink) color. From the front of the printer to the back, the corresponding colors are Yellow (Y), Magenta (M), Cyan (C), and Black (K).
- For the Cyan Imaging Unit, grasp the tab, push down, and then pull the unit straight out of the printer.
- Place the unit aside for recycling.
- Remove the new Imaging Unit from its packaging.
- Remove the film from the Imaging Unit.
- Push the new Imaging Unit into the printer until the unit clicks into place.
NOTE: Do not touch the top of the Imaging Unit. Do not expose the unit to light for more than 5 minutes.
- Remove the cleaning rod located below the black Imaging Unit inside the printer.
NOTE: There are four cleaning holes; one hole for each Toner (Dry Ink) color. From the front of the printer to the back, the corresponding colors are Yellow (Y), Magenta (M), Cyan (C), and Black (K).
- Insert the cleaning rod into one of the four cleaning holes until the rod clicks into position, then pull the rod out. Repeat this two more times.
- Repeat the cleaning process for the other three holes.
- Return the cleaning rod to the original location.
- Reinsert the Waste Cartridge.
NOTE: If the Waste Cartridge does not fit into place properly, make sure the belt is fully inserted.
- To lock the Waste Cartridge, rotate the lever 90-degrees to the right. When the lever is vertical, the cartridge is locked in position.
- Close the Right Side Door.
- Power on the printer. See the Related Content section for additional information.