- If encrypted email (SSL/TLS) is required, the firmware must be at version 201212201106 or higher. Refer to Yes, Scan to E-mail Supports Secure Socket Layer (SSL) / Transport Layer Security (TLS) (Encrypted E-mail) With Firmware Version 201212201106 or Newer Date for additional information.
- if you will be using a Hostname instead of an IP Address for the SMTP server, DNS must be properly configured. Refer to Modify the Domain Name System (DNS) Server Address Using CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS) for additional information.
As part of the setup to scan to an e-mail address, the printer must be configured to communicate with the SMTP e-mail server.
To Configure the SMTP Server Settings:
- Access CentreWare Internet Services. Refer to Access CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS) for additional information.
NOTE: If the IP address of the printer is not known, refer to Find the IP Address of the Printer for additional information.
- Click [Properties].
- Under Protocols in the left pane, click [E-mail Settings].
- Enter the following information:
- Next to Enter the "From" E-mail Address, enter a properly formatted e-mail address to appear in the From field of e-mails from the printer.
- SMTP Server (IP Address or DNS Name): Enter the IP address or DNS name of the SMTP server.
- SMTP Port: Enter the default port number for SMTP, , or select a number from the range provided.
- Select an Authentication Type.
NOTE: The authentication type must be compatible with the SMTP server.
- If authentication is required, enter a valid SMTP Login Name for the SMTP Server.
- If authentication is required, enter a valid password for the SMTP server, and then re-enter the password.
- Scroll down and click [Save Changes].
NOTE Contact your Internet service provider or System Administrator to obtain the SMTP server name or IP address. Some Internet service providers require authentication. Make sure the authentication type, login, and password are confirmed.
- Scan to an e-mail address may now be used.