When the bypass tray is set to Fully Adjustable mode, you can change paper settings each time you load the tray. When paper is loaded into the bypass tray, the control panel prompts you to set the paper size, type, and color.
When other trays are set to Fully Adjustable mode, open the selected tray and load the desired paper. When you close the tray, the control panel prompts you to set the paper size, type, and color.
When any paper tray is set to Dedicated mode, only load the size, type, and color of paper specified for the tray. If you move the guides, or load a different paper, change the size, type, and color of paper settings at the control panel.
The Tray Priority feature determines the order in which the printer selects the tray for a print job when you have not specified one. Tray Priority also determines how the printer selects another tray when a paper tray runs out in the middle of a job. Priority 1 indicates that the tray is set to the highest priority.
To configure the tray settings:
- Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (Web Interface). See the Related Content for additional information.
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator. See the Related Content for additional information.
- In the Embedded Web Server, click Home.
- In the Trays area, click the desired tray.
- To configure the tray mode, click Tray Mode.
- To configure the printer control panel to prompt you for the paper settings each time the paper tray is loaded, click Fully Adjustable.
- To configure the tray to use a specific paper, click, click Dedicated, then set the paper size, type, and color.
- To configure the printer to select the appropriate paper tray for the print job, click the toggle button for Auto Select. If the required paper size is not available, the printer prompts you to load the correct paper size and type for the job.
NOTE: A check mark on the toggle button indicates that the setting is enabled.
- To determine the order in which the printer selects the tray for a print job, click Priority, then select the tray priority.
- To save the tray settings, click OK.