Use Adjust Fuser for optimum print quality across a wide range of paper types. If the toner on a print is smearing or can be rubbed off the paper, increase the temperature for the paper you are using. If the toner is blistered or mottled, decrease the temperature for the paper you are using.
To adjust the fuser:
- At the printer control panel, press the Home button.
- Touch Device > Support > Fuser Temperature Adjustment.
- To select the paper type, touch Paper Type, then touch the name of the paper type in the list.
- To increase or decrease the fusing temperature, press the arrow buttons, then touch Adjust.
- To adjust the fuser for another paper type, select it from the list, then repeat steps 3 and 4.
- To exit the menu, touch X.
- To return to the Home screen, press the Home button.