Clean the scanner about once a month, when anything is spilled on it, or when debris or dust collect on any of the surfaces. Keep the feed rollers clean to ensure the best possible copies and scans.
Cleaning the Scanner
- Remove any paper from the Document Feeder Tray, and the Document Output Tray.
- Open the Document Cover.
- Slightly dampen a soft, lint-free cloth with water.
NOTE: For best results, use Xerox Glass Cleaner to remove marks and streaks.
- Clean the Document Glass.
- Clean the CVT glass to the left of the Document Glass.
- Wipe the white underside of the document cover until it is clean and dry.
- To access the second-side scanning lens assembly, lower the Second-Side Scanning Access Cover.
- Using a soft cloth moistened with water, wipe the mirrored glass, the white-plastic strip, and the rollers. If dirt is difficult to remove, moisten a soft cloth with a small amount of neutral detergent. Then wipe the printer parts dry with a soft cloth.
CAUTION: To prevent damage to the film around the glass, do not press heavily on the mirrored glass.
- Close the Second-Side Scanning Access Cover.
- Close the Document Cover.