AirPrint is a software feature that allows you to print from wired or wireless Apple iOS-based mobile devices and Mac OS-based devices without the need to install a print driver. AirPrint-enabled printers allow you to print or fax directly from a Mac, an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. You can use AirPrint to print from a wired device or a wireless device without using a print driver.
- Not all applications support AirPrint.
- Wireless devices must join the same wireless network as the printer.
- For AirPrint to function, both IPP and Bonjour (mDNS) protocols must be enabled.
- The device that submits the AirPrint job must be on the same subnet as the printer. To allow devices to print from different subnets, configure your network to pass multicast DNS traffic across subnets.
- The Mac OS device must be Mac OS 10.10 or later.
- AirPrint-enabled printers work with all models of iPad, iPhone (3GS or later), and iPod touch (3rd generation or later), running the latest version of iOS.
To Configure the Printer For Use With AirPrint:
- Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (Web Interface). See the Related Content for additional information.
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator. See the Related Content for additional information.
- In the Embedded Web Server, click Home > Connectivity.
- For Mobile Printing, click AirPrint.
- To enable AirPrint, click the Enable toggle button.
NOTE: AirPrint is enabled by default when IPP and Bonjour (mDNS) are both enabled.
- To change the printer name, in the Name field, enter a new name.
- To enter a location for the printer, in the Location field, enter the location of the printer.
- To enter a physical location or address for the printer, in the Geo-Location field, enter the geographic latitude and longitude coordinates in decimal form. For example, use coordinates such as 45.325026, -122.766831 for a location.
- Click OK.
- To activate your changes, at the prompt, click Restart Now.
To Print With AirPrint:
You can print directly from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac using AirPrint. To enable AirPrint for your printer, refer to Configuring AirPrint. To use AirPrint, ensure that your mobile device is connected to the same wireless network as the printer.
- Open the email, photograph, website page, or document that you want to print.
- Tap the Action icon.
- Tap Print.
- Select your printer, then set the printer options.
- Tap Print.