You can connect to your printer from a Wi-Fi mobile device, such as a tablet, computer, or smart phone, using Wi-Fi Direct.
NOTE: Wireless networking is available only on printers with the optional Wireless Network Adapter installed.
To Configure the Printer for Use With Wi-Fi Direct:
- Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (Web Interface). See the Related Content for additional information.
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator. See the Related Content for additional information.
- Click Properties > Connectivity > Protocols.
- Click Wi-Fi Direct.
- For Wi-Fi Direct, select On.
- For Device Name, type a name to appear in a list of available wireless networks and devices.
- For IP Address, use the default or type a new IP Address.
- To set the printer as Group Owner for a Wi-Fi Direct group, similar to a wireless access point, select Activate.
- Enter a Network Key or use the default value.
- To hide the Network Key, select the check box.
- Click Apply.
To Use Wi-Fi Direct:
For details on using Wi-Fi Direct, refer to the documentation provided with your mobile device.
NOTE: Depending on which mobile device you are using, the printing procedure varies.