You can set the time the printer spends idle in ready mode before the printer transitions to a lower power level.
There are two levels of power-saver mode.
- Low Power Timeout: The printer shifts from Ready mode to Low Power mode to reduce standby power consumption.
- Sleep Timeout: The printer shifts from Low Power mode to Sleep mode for a greater reduction in power consumption.
NOTE: Increasing the default Power Saver activation times can result in an overall higher energy consumption of the printer.
Configuring Power Saver Timeouts Using the Embedded Web Server
- Access the printer's Embedded Web Server (Web Interface). See the Related Content for additional information.
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator. See the Related Content for additional information.
- In the Embedded Web Server, click System > Power Saver.
- To set the delay before the printer enters Low-Power mode, for Low Power Timeout, click on the current value and then type the desired timeout in minutes.
- To set the delay before the printer enters Sleep mode, for Sleep Timeout, click on the current value and then type the desired timeout in minutes.
NOTE: The sum of the two timeouts is within 60 minutes.
- To set Auto Power Off, click Auto Power Off:
- To power off the device after all timeouts complete, select On, click on the current value, and then type the desired timeout in hours.
- To power off the device only if specific conditions are met:
- Select Only When Conditions Are Met.
- Click on the current value, and then type the desired timeout in hours.
Specific conditions are when Fax, USB Drive, Wired and Non-Wired Network features have not been activated.
- To finalize your selections, click OK.
Exiting Sleep Mode
The printer exits Low Power mode or Sleep mode automatically when it receives data from a connected device.
To exit Low Power mode or Sleep mode manually, at the control panel, press the Power/Wake button.