WARNING: It is highly recommended to consult with your Network or System Administrator before performing any software (firmware) update. Some updates may cause the machine to become non-compliant and cease to work as intended with the environment in which it is installed.
If the machine is connected to the network, and TCP/IP and HTTP have been enabled and configured, it is possible to upgrade the software using the CentreWare Internet Services Web interface. To verify this information, print the System Configuration Report. See the Related Content for additional information.
The software upgrade file must be saved on the computer prior to performing the upgrade as described in the following steps. The upgrade file can be downloaded by clicking on the [Drivers & Downloads] link under Related Content. Download the upgrade file to a local or network drive. The upgrade file can be deleted from the computer after the upgrade has been completed. It is important to obtain the correct upgrade file for the specific model of the machine.
NOTE: All configured network settings and installed options will be retained by the machine after the software upgrade.
CAUTION: Any jobs in the print queue must be deleted before initiating a software upgrade.This procedure will delete any remaining print jobs, and prevent any subsequent jobs from printing until the upgrade has completed.
To upgrade the system software:
- From a computer, open an Internet browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the WorkCentre in the Address field, and then press [Enter] on the keyboard. The CentreWare Internet Services window will be displayed.
- Click on the [Properties] tab.
- Click on [Maintenance] to expand the list of options.
- Click on the [Upgrade Management] link.
- If a login window is displayed, enter the required information in the User Name and Password fields, and then click on [OK].
NOTE: The default User Name is "admin", and the default password is "1111".
- The Software Upgrade page will be displayed. Make sure there is a check mark in the [Enabled] check box. If necessary, click to place a check mark in the check box.
- Click on the [Firmware Upgrade] link. The Firmware Upgrade page will be displayed.
- Click on the [Browse] button next to the File field.
- Locate and click on the software upgrade file.
NOTE: The upgrade file has a ".hd" file extension.
- Click on the [Open] button.
- Click on the [Install Software] button to proceed with the upgrade. If prompted, enter the User ID and Password of the administrator’s account, and then click on [Login].
- The file will be sent to the printer and will disable the printing functionality. CentreWare Internet Services will become inactive until the upgrade has completed and the machine has rebooted. The upgrade should take no longer than 30 minutes.
When the machine has completed the upgrade, it will reboot automatically and the System Configuration Report will print (if enabled). If the System Configuration Report did not print, then print the page. See the Related Content. View the report to verify that the upgrade was successful and the software level has changed.