Before you begin:
- Ensure that SMB services are running on the server or computer where you want to store scanned image files. Note the IP address or host name.
- On the SMB server, create a shared folder for the printer to place your scans. Note the directory path, Share Name of the folder, and the Computer Name or Server Name.
- Create a user account and password with read and write access for the printer to use to access the shared folder. Note the user name and password.
- Test the connection by logging in to the shared folder from a computer with the user name and password. Create a folder in the directory, then delete it. If you cannot do this test, check the user account access rights.
To set up scanning to an SMB folder:
- At your computer, open a Web browser, in the Address field, type the IP address of the printer, then press Enter or Return.
NOTE: If you do not know the IP address of your printer, see the Related Content on How To Locate the IP Address.
- In Xerox® CentreWare® Internet Services, click Address Book.
- To add a contact to the address book manually, click Add or Manually Add a Contact.
NOTE: If either the Add or Manually Add a Contact button is unavailable, the address book has reached its limit.
- Type the contact information.
- To associate a scan destination with the contact, For Scan To Destination, click the Plus button.
- For Nickname, type a name. This field is required.
- From the Protocol menu, select SMB.
- Select the address type. Options are IPv4, IPv6, or Host Name.
- Type the IP address or DNS name for the server.
- For IPv4 or IPv6, type the IP address for the server where the shared folder is located.
- For Host Name, type the network name of the computer where the shared folder is located. In the field under host name, type the port number. The default port number is 139.
- For Share Name, type the name of the shared folder on the remote computer. For example, to save scanned files to a shared folder named scans, type scans. This field is required.
- For Document Path, type the path of the shared folder as needed. For example, to save scans to a folder called colorscans that is one level below the scans folder, type /colorscans. If there is no subdirectory, leave this field blank.
- For Login Name, type the user name that you use to access this folder on the computer. The printer uses this login name to access the shared folder. This field is required.
- To access the shared folder on the remote computer to save scanned files, for Password, type and confirm the password.
- Click Save.
- To mark a contact as a Favorite, for the favorite type, click the star button.
- Click Save, or select Add Another Contact After Saving, then click Save & Add Another.