Before turning on the printer, ensure that the power cord is plugged into the printer and wall outlet, and that the the power switch is in the off position.
The printer has a power Down button on the control panel display and a power switch on the back-left side.
- The power down button on the control panel display initiates an orderly shutdown of the printer electronic components.
- The power switch on the side of the printer controls the main power to the printer.
- To turn on the printer, press the power switch to the On position.
If the power switch is on, but the printer is powered off, the printer was turned off using the control panel. To switch on the printer, press the power switch to the Off position and then to the On position.
- To turn off the printer:
- To prevent a printer malfunction, perform the control panel shutdown first.
- Do not plug or unplug the power cord while the printer is powered on.
- At the printer control panel, press the Power Saver button.
- Select Power Down.
NOTE: When all of the control panel lights are off, the printer power-off sequence is complete. Turning the power switch off is optional.