When the print cartridge is near the end of its life:
- White streaks on prints or light printing occurs.
- The orange LED Toner light on the Control Panel is blinking.
If this happens, you can temporarily improve print quality by redistributing the remaining Toner in the cartridge. In some cases, white streaks or light printing will still occur even after you have redistributed the Toner.
Follow these steps to redistribute the Toner in your print cartridge and thus temporarily improve print quality.
- Open the Top Cover.
- Pull the print cartridge out.
CAUTION: Do not touch the green underside of the print cartridge. Use the handle on the cartridge to avoid touching this area.
- Slowly shake the cartridge five or six times to distribute the Toner evenly inside the cartridge.
CAUTION: If Toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and wash clothing in cold water. Hot water sets Toner into fabric.
- Re-install the print cartridge by inserting it slowly into the machine.
- Close the printer cover. The machine status light on the Control Panel should be green, indicating the machine is ready to print. The Toner LED light should be out, indicating that the print cartridge has enough Toner to print.