The user name for the administrator account is admin. For software versions earlier than PL6 (XX.5X.XX), the default administrator password is 1111. For software versions PL6 (XX.5X.XX) or later, the default administrator password is the device serial number. You can obtain the serial number from the back of the printer, from the configuration report, or from the home page of the Embedded Web Server. The password is case-sensitive.
- Upgrading to PL6 (XX.5X.XX) does not change the administrator password. If you reset to the device to factory defaults, the administrator password changes to the device serial number for versions PL6 (XX.5X.XX) or later of the software.
- If you change the administrator password, ensure that you store the password in a secure location.
- For software versions earlier than PL6 (XX.5X.XX), if you change the administrator password to return the device to an open system, reset the printer to the Factory Defaults. Any settings that you configured are lost when you reset the device to factory defaults.
- For software versions PL6 (XX.5X.XX) or later, the open system option is not available.
To change the administrator password:
- Log in to the Printer's Embedded Web Server as a System Administrator.
- Click on Permissions.
- For User Accounts, click admin.
- Click Change Password.
- Type the old password. All passwords are case-sensitive.
- Type the new password, then retype the password to verify it.
- Click OK.