NOTE: Windows Firewall or 3rd Party Firewall or Port Blocking Software (Such as an Antivirus with an 'Internet Security' component) may Interfere with the Proper Operation of the Xerox Device and will need to be disabled or an exception added to allow the device to communicate.
To Disable Windows Firewall, Perform the Following Steps:
- At the Windows Desktop, open the Start Menu.
- Select the Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Select Windows Firewall.
- In the Left hand sidebar, select Turn Windows Firewall On or Off.
- Under the Domain Network and Home or Work sections, select Turn Off Windows Firewall.
- Select OK to save changes.
NOTE: If the system has a 3rd Party Blocking software installed, the steps to disable the Firewall may vary. If necessary, Contact a System Administrator.