Occasionally, you may need to send a scanned email that needs to be password protected. To do this, Password Protection needs to be enabled in CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS). Password Protection will allow for a password to be used so the scan is secure and cannot be opened without that password.
If the Password Protection needs to be disabled, this can be done in CWIS as well.
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the printer in the Address bar, and then press Enter. The CentreWare Internet Services page displays.
- Click on the Properties tab.
- If prompted, log in as the system administrator.
Note: The default user is admin (lower case). Depending on when the device was manufactured, the default password may be the device serial number or 1111.
- Click on Services > Email > Setup.
- Click on Defaults.
- Scroll to Email Options, then click on Edit.
- Scroll down to Security and under Password Protection (Encrypted), select Off to disable or On to enable.
- Click Save.
- Click on Logout to log out of CWIS.