The Embedded Web Server is the administration and configuration software installed in the printer. It allows you to configure and administer the printer from a Web browser.
NOTE: When using the printer as a local printer via USB, the printer's web interface can not be used.
The Embedded Web Server requires:
- A TCP/IP connection between the printer and the network in Windows, Macintosh, UNIX, or Linux environments.
- TCP/IP and HTTP enabled in the printer.
Accessing the Embedded Web Server:
- From a computer on the same network as the printer, open a Web browser window.
- Enter the IP address of the printer in the Address field, and then press Enter or Return.
IMPORTANT: Some features or settings are only visible or adjustable when logged in as a System Administrator.
To log in as a System Administrator:
- Click on the Log In button at the top, right of the page. If security has been set up on the device, the Login Method window will be displayed.
Note: The Login Method is chosen during the initial device setup menu from the device control panel. This can be changed from the Settings > Security menu in the Embedded Web Server. By default, the User Name is set to Admin (case sensitive) and the password is user specified. If this step was skipped, the user will be prompted to Set up Security.
- Select the login method: PIN, User Name/Password, Password, or User Name.
- Enter the User Name, Password, or PIN fields.
- Click on the Log In button.
To Log Out of the System Administrator Mode:
- Click on Log Out at the top, right of the page.