Step 1: Perform a software reset or power the device off then on, as required
For additional information, click on Perform a Software Reset or a Power Off and On of the Printer, as Required.
Step 2: Check for the most recent active message or fault code and restart your search
NOTE: To search on a fault code / status code, enter one code at a time exactly as it is displayed.
NOTE: Fault codes / Status codes are displayed on the Control Panel Touch Screen or the Embedded Web Server in one of the the following formats:
- Embedded Web Server: a 2-digit number followed by a 3-digit number and then a 2-digit number. For example:
- At the Machine [Fault History]: a 3-digit number followed by a 3 digit number and then a 2 digit number. For example:
To display fault codes / status codes on the Touch Screen:
- At the printer control panel, press the Home button.
- Touch Device > Notifications. Current alerts will be displayed.
- Touch X to exit.
To display fault codes / status codes using the Embedded Web Server:
- Open a web browser and enter the IP Address of the printer in the Address field then press Enter on the keyboard. The Embedded Web Server will be displayed.
- Click the Home tab.
- Scroll to the Notifications section. A message and the status code will be displayed.
Step 3: Try the operation again. If the operation continues to fail, additional assistance is required, contact Support.