Note: If you are accessing Xerox CentreWare Internet Services for the first time after printer installation, you will be prompted to change the default Administrator Account password. The initial default password is the printer serial number. For additional information, refer toChange the System Administrator Password for CentreWare Internet Services (CWIS).
Power Management Settings
The amount of electricity the printer consumes depends on the way it is used. This device is designed and configured to enable you to reduce your electricity usage.
Power Saver modes are enabled on your device by default to reduce energy consumption. If the printer is not used for a specified period, it transitions to Low Power mode, then to Very Low Power mode. In these modes, to enable reduced-power consumption, only essential functions remain active.
Note: Changing the default Power Saver activation times can result in an overall higher energy consumption of the printer. Before you switch off Power Saver modes or set a longer activation times, consider the increase in printer power consumption.
You can also enable the printer to power off automatically, either after a specific amount of time, or when no activity is detected by the printer.
Note: The Auto Power Off feature is not enabled at the factory due to network activity, it is provided as an option and can be configured at any time. For instructions, refer to Configuring Auto Power Off below.
Configuring the Power Saver Mode Settings
Note: The images in this procedure are for demonstration purposes only and may not specifically match your printer model; differences in colors, icons, available tabs/menus and supported options/settings may exist.
- From a computer (on the same network as the printer) open a Web browser.
- In the Web browser address field, enter the IP address of the printer and then press Enter or Return. The CWIS home page will be displayed.
- Click Properties.
Note: Many features in CWIS require an administrator user name and password to access or modify. If prompted to enter Administrator Account login details:
- For User Name, enter Admin.
- For Password, enter the administrator account password that was set during initial access to CWIS.
- Click OK.
- Click General Setup.
- Click Power Management.
- Select the Power Saver Mode 1 and Power Save Mode 2 settings required:
- Power Saver Mode 1 Timer: Specify the time the printer remains idle before it goes from ready mode to Low Power Save mode.
- Power Saver Mode 2 Timer: Specify how long the printer remains in Low Power Save mode before it goes into Very Low Power Save mode.
Note: The sum of the two timers cannot exceed 119 minutes.
Configuring Auto Power Off
- Select the Auto Power Off Timeout settings required:
- Enable: Use this option to enable the printer to power off automatically after the specified time period. Click Enable, then specify the time the printer remains idle before it powers off automatically. You can enter between 5 and 240 minutes.
- Disable: Use this option to switch off the Auto Power Off function.
- Auto Detect: To set the printer to power off automatically when no activity is detected, click Auto Detect.