CAUTION: When handling a drum cartridge:
- Do not expose it to light for more than a few minutes. Cover it with a piece of paper, if necessary.
- Do not touch the surface of the photosensitive drum in the drum cartridge. Use the handle on the cartridge to avoid touching sensitive parts that can be easily damaged.
- Never manually rotate the drum in the drum cartridge, especially in the reverse direction; this can cause internal damage.
To Remove and Re-install the Drum Cartridge:
- Open the front cover.
- Pull the toner cartridge out and place it on a clean flat surface.
- Pull the drum cartridge out slowly.
- Hold the drum cartridge by the handle and insert it into the printer until it locks into place.
- Re-install the toner cartridge.
- Close the front cover. Make sure that the door is securely closed. When the green system status light is solid, the printer is ready.