Perform the following steps to use the Xerox Easy Wireless Setup Program to connect the printer to a wireless network.
- You cannot use your printer on a wired (Ethernet) and wireless network at the same time. If your printer is currently connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, unplug the cable.
- A USB cable is temporarily needed to perform this solution. Make sure you have a functioning USB cable before you begin.
- Do not connect the USB cable until instructed to do so in the steps below.
To Connect the Printer to a Wireless Network
- Open the Xerox Easy Wireless Setup program. At the computer, search for and select Xerox Easy Wireless Setup to open the program. The Connecting the Device screen will be displayed.
NOTE: If the program has not been installed, install the printer software from the CD that shipped with the printer using the "Connecting to a Local Printer" method. The software can also be downloaded from the Xerox Drivers and Downloads page.
- Temporarily connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable.
- After the USB cable has been connected, select Next. The program will start to search for WLAN data.
- When the search is complete, the Select Wireless Network window displays. Select your network from the list.
NOTE: If the network is not found, make sure the router is not set to the 5GHz wireless frequency. The router must be set to the 2.4GHz frequency as the printer does not support 5GHz. Contact your router manufacturer for additional information on how to configure the wireless frequency setting.
- Follow the wizard instruction to install the printer. The Wireless Network Security screen displays.
- Enter your Network Password and select Next.
- When the Wireless Network Setup Complete page displays, select Finish.